Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital." ~Aaron Levenstein

I hit 300,000 unique viewers sometime over the weekend. I allowed myself some time to imagine why... the changes to the blog, my new goals to read 300-350 books in a year.

I told myself I could grow up to just drink and read books!

After pouring a celebratory shot of Bailey's and Godiva into my coffee, I looked at the stats.

Okay, who is doing a project on Number the Stars by Lois Lowry? First, students, you never, ever, use a blog as an informational source. Especially a blog by a delusional drunkard wannabe. Second, if you are semi-smart enough to quote from the blog, your teacher will put it into the google machine and find THIS. I am a quasi-English professor, so I know. Last of all, if you do quote this blog and cite it, no instructor would believe it as a reliable resource. See also: Wikipedia, Sparknotes, Yahoo Questions.

Teachers? Do not assign this book at the same time.

It is almost noon. Time to switch to vodka sevens and never trust the stat spikes again.

No comments: