Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Challenge for 2010

First, do you pronounce it "two thousand ten" or "twenty ten"? Post in comments... this is something that makes me tilt the cup more and say, "O-10!"

2009 was the year where I read whatever I wanted. 2010 is the year where I read whatever others want me to read.

Send me your recommendations, favorites, or new books. I promise to stick to only this list for 2010, and I am aiming for 100 books. This will be quite a feat because I also have to finish my novel or my hair will be dark red forever.

I have kept a list of "you should read"s for a year, but I will continue to add to the list. In contrast to the past, I am including an email address again: booksforbreakfastblog@gmail.com. I miss the crazy comments that anonymous people like to make. Don't worry... I'll share.

~~~~~

Mushy stuff ahead: move on to CeleBitchy or Book Slut if it would provide disturbing images.

Thank you for your support. After watching "Julie and Julia," my dear husband turned to me and said, "Why can't your blog be about something else?" I could (and will) have a year dedicated to reading 365 books (2012), but a movie about it would be horribly boring.

However, I have met some amazing, uber-cool people through this blog. I have talked to radio d.j.s in Greece and Italy and been quizzed about my "true alcoholism" by potential employers. This blog used to receive twelve hits per week, and I knew six of them were my own. Now, I receive 4,000-8,000 per week. Y'all are too quiet! Speak up!

Anyway, I am grateful that you choose to waste your time here.

7 comments:

Bibliolatrist said...

I don't know how you have the will power to stick only to those books recommended here - you have my respect ;)

Anyway, here's one for you: The Egyptologist by Arthur Phillips. I just read it yesterday, and I'd like to know what you'd think of it. (I loved it.)

Abs said...

I'm still waiting for you to read Maugham's Of Human Bondage!

Have a good year :)

Kristin Dodge said...

It's on the list, Abs, but I moved it up for you. ;-)

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Have you read "Lock and Key" by Sarah Dessen? I really enjoyed it.

Jason said...

I like the TNH on your list, and one other non-novel recommendation I'd make is Carl Honore's In Praise of Slowness. I read it last week (in two days, hahaha), and it had quite an impact on me.

As for what to call the year: I'm going with "ten." It's short, and any confusion can only be the result of willful stupidity.

illahee said...

other recent reads i recommend:
"Fools Crow" by James Welch about the Blackfeet tribe circa 1870,
"Sometimes a Great Notion" by Ken Kesey
"Zeitoun" by Dave Eggers about injustice in America today - i am still angry,
"The Song of the Lark" by Willa Cather