Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NaNoWriMo - Day 10

I am struggling. I have never written such crappity crap in my life, just for the sake of writing it. While I like the forced march of writing, I wonder if I will be able to use any of this in the final draft, and that is a depressing and debilitating thought. 50,000 words by November 30, and I have had none of the promised responses, like a renewed idea of the plot or a twist in the characters' stories. Still, discouraged > failure.

As you may have noticed, Photobucket gave me the boot because I did not log in for a year. I get my access back if I join their premium program. Pshaw! As if! Insert your own 80s phrase here.

So, I will be remodeling the blog - but not until December. NaNoWriMo, work, and family take precedence over my silly little blog. Still, I welcomed my 10,000th independent visitor last week (thank you whomever checked in from the Netherlands), so I will continue to read and post my boozy thoughts for other crazy bibliophiles in search of a friend.

5 comments:

Maggie May said...

You are a workhorse!

Kristin Dodge said...

Perhaps I need to put "play" in my list of priorities.

Nana Fredua-Agyeman said...

crazy bibliophiles...as if being a bibliophile isn't crazy in itself...you enter a bookshop and you don't want to leave until you bought something...you feel secure there. then you are qualified as crazy...what happens? it's like throwing gas unto a burning dry grass. okay! Yet I love being a crazy bibliophile than just plain crazy or crazy druggie...lol.

Serena said...

You can do it. Take a break from the novel if need be. We're still hear cheering you on. My internal editor has returned with a vengence on my NaNo novel.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yes, I can totally commiserate about writing garbage during NaNo. That's why I don't do it anymore, in all honesty.

Hang in there and keep plugging away. Hopefully the words you've written since are better and you can fix this set of garbage easily, without it hurting the rest of the story.