Tuesday, October 20, 2009

2009 - NaNoWriMo


Yes, it is that time of year when people put on silly hats and beg for chocolate. No, not Halloween, silly... NaNoWriMo! National Novel Writing Month - every November, insane idiots from strange places like Mississippi and New Yawk City join this online group and try to write a novel in one month.

I meant to do it last year and the year before. There is never the "right" time to write. It is a matter of getting your butt in the chair and doing it.

So, I am doing it under the sassy nom de plume: KDRockstar. Friend me. I am lonely. And my avatar on NaNoWriMo has zero friend placings as well (*ching* - rimshot - and, thank you, tip your waitresses, I'll be here all weekend).

Click here to join the insanity.

5 comments:

Bibliolatrist said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE DOING THIS!

I've decided to do it as well. It's my first time, too. I'm Samson304 and I'm friending you IMMEDIATELY. yay

Nana Fredua-Agyeman said...

heard it. not doing it. is it open to outsiders?

Jason said...

I added you. This is my third year signing up. In 2007 I did 15,000 words in the first three days and then none after that (too much grading). In 2008 I signed up bub didn't write a word.

I'm hoping for better results this year, but I'm not optimistic.

Utopiana said...

It may sound silly, but I've been wanting to do NaNoWriMo for a long time now, and last night an experience at Barnes and Noble clenched it. I was walking to the exit when I saw it, The No Plot? No Problem! Novel Writing Kit by Chris Baty, who is the founder of NaNoWriMo. I'm not that interested in "how-to" stuff generally, but it seemd like an omen,and I splurged. It has gold stars and everything!

Happy to be taking the plunge together.

Kristin Dodge said...

Gold stars? Oh, is it a version of kindergarten sticker awarding? Damnation, that is MY trademark.

Nana, I think it is open to anyone. It's free.

Anyway, I am happy to attempt this rollercoaster with all of you. I'm afraid to blog, though, because those are wasted words.