Tuesday, September 08, 2009

2009 Man Booker Short List

The Children's Book by A S Byatt (Random House, Chatto and Windus)

Summertime by J M Coetzee (Random House, Harvill Secker)

The Quickening Maze by Adam Fould (Random House, Jonathan Cape)

Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (HarperCollins, Fourth Estate)

The Glass Room by Simon Mawer (Little, Brown)

The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters (Little, Brown, Virago)


I'm giddy... any recommendations? Predictions? I've always liked Sarah Waters and J.M. Coetzee, but I need to get these in my sticky little hands ASAP.


4 comments:

Nana Fredua-Agyeman said...

will JMC do it? Haven't read any of the short-listed writers.

Kristin Dodge said...

I don't know... place your bets!

I just received "The Children's Book," so it is on my pile of to-reads.

Teresa said...

I'm not quite a hundred pages into The Children's Book, but am intrigued by it, so far. Of the others on the shortlist, I've read Wolf Hall (truly wonderful), The Glass Room and The Little Stranger. I liked the last two, but would have chosen Colm Toibin's longlisted Brooklyn over either of them.

Wolf Hall is favored. We'll see.

Kristin Dodge said...

And it won... Wolf Hall will get on my to-read list ASAP!