Tuesday, June 09, 2009

30. "Bones" - Jonathan Kellerman


I try to write in the mystery genre, but I do not read a lot of the popular mystery authors. Jonathan Kellerman turned me *off* with a prior book, but I picked this one up for less than a dollar.

Dead bodies in various states of decomposition are found in a suburban Los Angeles protected marsh. Alex Delaware is - dun, dun, dun, dun! - the psychologist who provides insights into the minds of criminals and their behaviors.

Did I learn anything? No, this was a quickie read to satisfy an overwhelmed mind. This psychologist was too HelLA for me, though the chief investigator has some snappy dialogue. There is a lot of backstory that I didn't understand, but I was not compelled to read more of his books to find out why someone ignored someone else and why it wasn't resolved in this book.

Besides, my own psychologist from the realm of *amazing* (near the planet of Rockstar) has provided more forensic information before coffee this morning than a few days spent with this book.

If you like mysteries, supposedly this is a better Alex Delaware novel in the series. If not, you will like mysteries after my books are published. The end.

2.25 out of 5.0 Fruity Bone.

3 comments:

Bibliolatrist said...

And when will we have the pleasure of reading something by YOU, missy??! Inquiring minds want to know!!

Lezlie said...

When I need a quick fluff read, Kellerman is on my list. Milo is actually my fav guy in this series.

Lezlie

Kristin Dodge said...

Oh, if only I could write all day long... I would put off writing in order to read. ;-)

Tough to tell when I write under a pseudonym, as well.