Friday, January 02, 2009

1. "The Outline of History" - H.G. Wells


I plodded through this two-volume series for months in an attempt to better myself, to learn and think and link the problems of today to the history of mankind. While it was much more interesting than the history books of my high school experience, the writing seemed purposefully vacant. Rather than give the impression of the vital importance of historical events (through World War I), the voice is God-like and impersonal.

For a history buff like me, it felt like wading through a cow pie strewn bog.

Skimmed to the end and I'm not sorry.

2.25 out of 5.0 Hockey Pucks.

2 comments:

web design India said...

ur blog Is very nice



web design company, web designer,
web design India,website design,web design

seo expert said...

funny vedio ,online games this is my site
see this site u really enjoy and click my advertisement ,
its your friend request