Thursday, December 11, 2008

XX. "The Sister" - Poppy Adams


OK, authors. You get 30 pages. Sometimes you get more, but then you whip a red herring into the batter and I throw your book in disgust.

I know this is up for an award or someone loved it with a capital L. But what has two thumbs and doesn't give books much of a chance? This chica.

Bored. Read about moths and butterfly collections and collectors before. Got the metaphor between the dried up old collections and the dried up old sister living in the house. I fell asleep while reading. Not once, every friggin' time.

If it's worth it, convince me.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Gosh, I have to think twice now about this book. I've heard more than one recommendation for it. I may borrow it from the library and check out the first 30 pages just to see what irked you. :)
It's always nice to see an honest review though.

Kristin Dodge said...

If you like it, tell me and I'll push through. I've been wrong before.

N.Vasillis said...

Thank you! Thank you! I didn't last to the end of chapter one. I thought I was the only one.