Friday, November 28, 2008

"We read to know we are not alone." - C.S. Lewis

Writing is a lonely profession. I spend most days with my feet up, laptop secured, wrists aching because of my non-ergonomic positioning in front of the TV or trees. I watch my world, a beautiful world, but a lonely one outside of the finches and dogs and squirrels. It is quiet. It is peaceful. It is breath-taking in its beauty and its utter solitude.

Luckily, there are books. Even better, people who love books.

I've been asked to contribute to the blog, The Book Book, founded by the hilarious author of Editorial Ass. While my work will be copy-paste - I take my vodka bottle with me everywhere - the other readers are incredibly gifted. Check-check-check it out.

Also, there is interest in a non-fiction version of this blog. I'd have to repeat my 2006 adventure of reading 150 books in a year ("Could you read more, like 300? Or 365? That's great for marketing."). Or a combination of that and stories about the Effin' Ranch. I'll keep you posted. After all, you're why I'm here. Even you, Cince in Athens, Greece. Even you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that you were on-line. I think we should all post more to show your audience. Or in myspeak, give her a contract or I'll kick yer asses.

MH

J.Danger said...

perfect