Sunday, November 23, 2008

“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.” - Ellen Parr

I'm curious about a lot of subjects, but this linking from book to book is creating a new feeling in my brain. Boredom. Suffocation. I am miming that I've boxed myself in. Thank you to my sixth grade speech teacher for forcing us to learn mime (yes, I don't quite get it, either).

It's my blog. I can read whatever I want. I can jump from Chinese rulers to paganism to Boston during World War I. And I will. Try and stop me. I'm slamming the door to my room and pouting on the bed.

Ah. Freedom.

2 comments:

Robin Flynn said...

Reading should never = boredom!
I have been reading your blog for a long time and really appreciate your wit. Glad to see you'll be bouncing around again. :)

Kristin Dodge said...

Thanks, Robin. So you're my one and only NYC reader. ;-)