Monday, April 28, 2008

"No one is able to enjoy such feast than the one who throws a party in his own mind." - Selma Lagerlöf

I'm writing historical fiction; therefore, I can't read the subject anymore.

Instead, I'm going to follow a new plan set out by the book, "Novel 100," by Daniel S. Burt. You can find more information about it here. The actual book has 100 more books that didn't make the top list. Between my heavy past with banned books and top 1001, I've probably read 60 of the 200 listed, which leaves a nice number to pound through during the rest of 2008.

Of course, anyone who claims to know the top 100 books is open to my scrutiny. A friend said that in a couple years I will have read more than the average bear and can write my own book: "Kiss My Ass and Read These Books."

1 comment:

Lezlie said...

I considered the title "1001 Books I'm Glad I Read Before I Died", for my own version, but your title is perfect! :-)

Lezlie