Thursday, January 31, 2008

13. "The Man Nobody Knows" - Bruce Barton


"[Jesus] believed that the way to get faith out of men is to show that you have faith in them; and from that great principle of executive management he never wavered."

Published in 1924, Barton, a successful executive manager, writes a novel to prove that Jesus was the first businessman who "built the greatest organization of all." Using anecdotes from Thomas Paine to Aristotle - and combing through the Bible - Barton succeeded in convincing me.

I cannot remember who recommended this book... but thank you.

3.25 out of 5.0 Purple Jesuses.

3 comments:

Jason said...

This looks like an interesting read. Onto my list it goes.

wen said...

I knew this book from Joe Vitale's Book I read, I didn't read it yet, but the explanation from Mr Joe Vitale, the book is impressive and it's a good book. He tells about Jesus in different way.

Kristin Dodge said...

Wen, if nothing else, it puts the idea of Jesus into a different perspective for the reader.

Thanks for reading my blog!