Wednesday, October 10, 2007

At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained the antidote."

- Emo Phillips

My little self-important blog was mentioned alongside such greats as Bookslut at Pete Anderson's mess of politics, writing, and books - Petelit.com. Too sweet, really. Especially his concern for my kids. Snicker. Or should I hiccup?

~~~~

2007 National Book Awards announced. Collective sigh of "meh?" And did Farrar, Straus & Giroux slip a couple bills between the books' pages or what?

~~~~

I'm losing my pace. Banned books have slipped under tomes from 2007. Those books hide beneath sheets of student work and character notes. As I said earlier this year, I'm writing again. It's the greatest piece of fiction that you will never read... or know that I've written. After a pissy time with my first book, I vowed to never publish under my name. Is this my name? Only my hairdresser knows for sure.

Even though I've slowed down, I will still meet this year's goal. Lucky readers... that means more cocktails for you.

----------------
Now playing: Safety Scissors - I Am the Cheese
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that you've hit the big time, will you change your pic?

MH