Sunday, September 16, 2007

68. "Anna Karenina" - Leo Tolstoy


Thank you for recommending it... I had expected superfluous language and irritating imagery. Instead, I was surprised by the descriptions of heartache and heartbreak.

When I am left with questions about a book, I know it was a healthy, meat-and-potatoes read. As Anskov said, I finished it and felt satisfied.

4.0 out of 5.0 Russian Bums.



----------------
Now playing: Fall Out Boy - Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've always been a bit intimidated by this book. Thanks for letting me know that I shouldn't be.
Stephanie
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

Anskov said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I liked how just as I got caught up with Anna and Vronsky's story, it switched to Levin and Kitty's and then I'd get caught up in that and it would move back. Helen Edmundson wrote an excellent stage adaptation - if you believe one could do it. It's fantastic. I would love to see it.