Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose." - Charles du Bos

Updates from the email files:

Why aren't you aiming for a goal again? Try to top 150 books.
Me: maniacal laughter

Are you and your family/freinds (sic) ok? Ive been reading about the bridge collapse.
Me: Completely fine, though it's difficult to process. I have family near there and have driven over that bridge countless times. Could have happened anywhere, which is not a comfort.

What does the Witness Protection Program at the Effin' Ranch mean?
It's the working title of the manuscript. Can't say much more without giving away the goodies.

I have a book coming out. Will you review it?
Yes, but as you may notice, I'm not always kind. Please email for more information (see profile).

I've enjoyed reading your blog for a year now but what's up with the sudden young adult novel obsession?
I read books that people recommend. Some of them are young adult. Some are nonfiction. Since my goal was to read banned books, I'm reading a lot of young adult fiction because those are the books that are banned most often.

Why don't you read the books I recommend/why do you hate the books I recommended/why did you have the picture of the book I recommended but didn't write a review?
The past week has frustrated me. You may have noticed that over August I've changed "what's in the fridge." There have been several books that I've started, only to throw in the back-to-the-library pile. It may be my mood, it may be that I'm tired of 9/11 themes, it may be because I don't want to put the effort into a crap book just to write a negative review.

You don't know what you're talking about/you wouldn't know a good book if you tripped over it/who made you queen/you're too mean.
Snicker-snort. Stop loving me so much!

No comments: