Saturday, June 23, 2007

“If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.” - L. Wittgenstein

Now that my health has improved, it's time to concentrate on work. I've had a warped perception of my performance, so now that I've been "brought up to speed," I'll stop "pushing the envelope" and aim for "gold stars" instead of "black eyes."

The language of the business world cracks me up.

Stones from the River is a 525-page novel, so it may be a while (ahem, 2 days) until I finish it and post a review. Meanwhile, please post your favorite banned book in the comments section. I'll add it to the "refrigerator" section.

6 comments:

Dewey said...

I think my newest favorite banned book is The Higher Power of Lucky, this year's Newbery winner.

bhadd said...

Ulusses! Ulysses?

char said...

"The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things" by Carolyn Mackler.
It's a pretty good book, as far as teen chick-lit goes.

Jason said...

I'd say Slaughterhouse 5, but I'll cheat, because I think Deadeye Dick is a better Vonnegut book. Even though it pobably isn't banned.

Kristin Dodge said...

Ulysses... I need to try to read that again.

All others have been requested from the library. Thanks!

mirain said...

"James and the Giant Peach" by Roald Dahl