Friday, December 22, 2006

Editor's Note: Take XVII

Before I do the year-end wrap post - wherein I claim that reading 150 books made me good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it, people liked me - I'm posting my favorite reads of the year.

In no particular order:

"Middlesex" ~ Jeffrey Eugenides
"Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee" ~ Charles J. Shields
"The Tender Bar" ~ J.R. Moehringer
"Eat, Pray, Love" ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
"Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" ~ Jonathan Safran Foer
"Of Mice and Men" ~ John Steinbeck
"In Cold Blood" ~ Truman Capote
"White Teeth" ~ Zadie Smith
"Saving Fish From Drowning" ~ Amy Tan
"The Night Watch" ~ Sarah Waters
"Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" ~ Gregory Maguire
"Angle of Repose" ~ Wallace Stegner
"The Book Thief" ~ Markus Zusak
"Midwives" ~ Chris Bohjalian
"The Inhabited World" ~ David Long
"St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves" ~ Karen Russell

1 comment:

JENNA said...

I read THE PECKING ORDER last year (It's in your fridge). Worth reading, not worth keeping.