Tuesday, November 07, 2006

116. "Naked" ~ David Sedaris


I'm biased. I can crack up when I hear his squeaky Southern drawl on National Public Radio. It really doesn't matter what he says.

In this series of short non-fiction stories, Sedaris describes his trip across the country, hitchhiking without prejudice. He meets quadripeligics, deadbeats, and Shakespeare-lovers. As always, he recreates these scenes with depth and a critical eye to humor... in this case, the deadpan silliness of being human.

Bravo.

4.0 out of 5.0 X.Y.Z. Cocktails.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change your photo woman.

You will make your goal. Promise me that you'll read Lolita before the end of the year.

MH

Les said...

I see you have Going After Cacciato on your menu. I just finished The Things They Carried and thought it was incredible. Gave it a perfect A+ rating. I'll be anxious to read your review, as I plan to read more by O'Brien.

Diana said...

Hullo, Momma!