Friday, June 30, 2006

62. "Hamlet" ~ William Shakespeare



If you haven't been forced to read Hamlet for any English course requirements, I highly encourage you to add it to your "must read" list. With the help of several internet sites, understanding Shakespeare is so much easier than when cribnotes were used (oh, way back when I was a wee lassie).

Besides giving us "to be or not to be," "get thee to a nunnery," and other wonderful one-liners, Hamlet is a necessity for understanding modern culture. So many of my students don't "get" jokes in pop culture that are references to Shakespeare's work. Sad, actually.

It's been years since I read this cover to cover. With the hilarity of this website, I am more in awe of the great master, whose writings are, indeed, timeless.

5.0 out of 5.0 Grateful Deads.

No comments: