Saturday, April 29, 2006

41. "Without Feathers" ~ Woody Allen


Woody Allen, why don't I like your movies?

The writing is incredible. It reminds me of the Mad Libs that I'm doing with my children... he comes up with these crazy out of nowhere sentences.

If a Woody Allen joke were to be analyzed, it would look like this:

Type normal beginning of a sentence, add "except for" or "but", then adjective adjective noun.

I'm not afraid of her, just the attachment she has to crochet needles and starch.

Whuut?

Exactly. Which makes it fun reading. The plays "Death" and "God" are especially well mastered.

While it's not roll-on-the-floor-clutching-my-sides, it gives the proper titter, the nod to "intellectuals" who understand jokes about philosophy or religion. I'm glad I got half of them.

4.25 out of 5.0 New York Cocktails.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»